On-Board the North Pole Express, settle in for some storytelling. Enjoy milk and cookies as you listen to our unique story of Christmas in Appalachia, "Yes, West Virginia, There is a Santa Claus.” Story characters dance through your car to our Holiday production of the "Nutcracker" and hear how “The Potomac Eagle Saves Christmas.” Book the North Pole Express today!
Watch as the dark night is suddenly aglow with thousands of twinkling lights at the North Pole. Santa and Mrs Claus wave from their porch as children spy playful elves among the trees. To the delight of all, Santa boards the train with a gift for every child as we carol our way home.
Visit the Christmas Event Barn to experience fresh country festivities. See live animals at our petting farm, visit the Nativity, roast s'mores, and purchase refreshments. Relax while children color or write Santa letters for deposit in our special North Pole mailboxes. With beautiful photo ops available, music and entertainment, it is the perfect way to immerse yourself in the holiday spirit.
At the Gift Shop, purchase North Pole Express mementos, Christmas gifts, and train souvenirs.
On the Train:
- 75-minute interactive train ride
- Milk and Mrs. Claus’ famous cookies
- Christmas caroling
- Santa boards train at the North Pole
- Every child receives a gift from Santa
At the Event Barn:
- Event barn with activities
- Letters to Santa
- Coloring stations
- Great photo ops
- Nativity with live animals
- Hot cocoa, snacks as well as s’mores pits*
*Additional cost “Cash Only”
- Plan to arrive about 2 hours before your departure time
- Check in with the ticket window upon arrival
- Plan to visit the Event Barn for festivities before or after your ride
- Boarding time is ½ hour before departure
- Depart and journey northbound to the North Pole for an hour and 15 minute magical journey with no layover
- No meal service, but enjoy milk with your Mrs. Clause cookie
- Deboard at the station and visit the Event Barn (closes at 7:00pm) and Gift Shop
Classes of Service and Pricing
Everyone is invited to come aboard in your favorite pajamas to enjoy milk and cookies served in your choice of First Class dining cars or vintage casual Standard Coach.
Our vintage 1940/50s dining cars feature comfortable table style and lounge style seating. These beautifully restored cars offer expansive views and have total climate control for your comfort needs. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the festivities in a holiday setting for the whole family.
3PM, 5PM & 7PM:
- Adults (17+): $67
- Children (2-16): $57
- Lap Children (0-23 mos): Free
Our 1920s coaches are great for groups and families. The cars have cushioned, bench-style. The windows offer abundant views and can be opened for more expansive and interactive viewing at the North Pole when Santa boards the train. The coach cars have limited heating, but do not have total climate control. We suggest passengers dress in layers and bring warm blankets for a comfortable journey in our vintage, festive cars.
3PM, 5PM & 7PM:
- Adults (17+): $57
- Children (2-16): $47
- Lap Children (0-23 mos): FREE
North Pole Express Cancellation Policy
*All North Pole Express In-House Credits from the 2022 season, expire on October 31st, 2023.
*North Pole Express Ticket reschedules can only be made for the same North Pole Express season (NPE). NPE tickets cannot transfer to NPE the following year.