- Plan to arrive about 2 hours before your departure time
- Check in with the ticket window upon arrival
- Plan to visit the Event Barn for festivities before or after your ride
- Boarding time is ½ hour before departure
- Depart and journey northbound to the North Pole for an hour and 15 minute magical journey with no layover
- No meal service, but enjoy milk with your Mrs. Clause cookie
- Deboard at the station and visit the Event Barn (closes at 7:00pm) and Gift Shop
Classes of Service and Pricing
Everyone is invited to come aboard in your favorite pajamas to enjoy milk and cookies served in your choice of First Class dining cars or vintage casual Standard Coach.
Our vintage 1940/50s dining cars feature comfortable table style and lounge style seating. These beautifully restored cars offer expansive views and have total climate control for your comfort needs. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the festivities in a holiday setting for the whole family.
3PM, 5PM & 7PM:
- Adults (17+): $67
- Children (2-16): $57
- Lap Children (0-23 mos): Free
Our 1920s coaches are great for groups and families. The cars have cushioned, bench-style. The windows offer abundant views and can be opened for more expansive and interactive viewing at the North Pole when Santa boards the train. The coach cars have limited heating, but do not have total climate control. We suggest passengers dress in layers and bring warm blankets for a comfortable journey in our vintage, festive cars.
3PM, 5PM & 7PM:
- Adults (17+): $57
- Children (2-16): $47
- Lap Children (0-23 mos): FREE
North Pole Express Cancellation Policy
North Pole Express Cancellation Policy:
- NPE Ticket sales are non-refundable. If you need to cancel, an in-house credit can be held for a future excursion (subject to availability- Excluding third party vouchers) through October 31st the following year. If Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad cancels a trip due to inclement weather, we will do our best to reschedule your party on another North Pole Express trip. If no reschedule can be made, an in-house credit will be held until October 31st of the following year.
- Full credit in both First Class and Standard Coach can be held only if cancellations/date changes are made one week prior to the excursion date. If cancellations & date changes are less than one week prior to the excursion, a $10 service fee per ticket will be deducted from your in-house credit to reschedule.
- Purchases from third-party bookings made through platforms such as Groupon, Travelzoo, or any other third-party company, a rescheduling fee of $10 will be applied to the booking, regardless of whether cancellations or date changes are requested less than one week prior to the scheduled excursion.
- All North Pole Express In-House Credits from the current season expire on Oct 31st of the following year.
- North Pole Express Ticket reschedules can only be made for the same North Pole Express season (NPE). NPE tickets cannot transfer to NPE the following year.
Attention: Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate separate reservation requests for seating together on this excursion. To guarantee that your party is seated together, we kindly ask that all members of your group be booked under a single reservation.
Please note while we will make every effort to accommodate any additional tickets added to your reservation at a later date, we cannot guarantee that they will be seated together with the original tickets. Our team will strive to provide the best possible arrangements, but seating proximity for later additions may be subject to availability.