In operating the Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad we are following all suggested CDC, TSA, Federal, State and local Health Department guidelines to do our part in keeping our guests and employees safe.
We ask you to please review and adhere to the following guidelines before arriving:
- We strongly encourage booking your reservation online or over the phone before arriving on the property.
- We strongly encourage all guests to self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Please limit only 1 person when checking your party in at our ticket window.
- Please wear face masks throughout your time with us both at the station, and on board the Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad. Any guests unwilling or unable to wear a face mask, must refrain from riding with us until we have removed the face mask requirement.
- Follow proper hand washing, personal hygiene, and other CDC guidelines.
- Only sit in your proper designated seat as shown on your tickets. Do not move to or congregate in open seated sections or cars.
- Be courteous of others in enclosed spaces and walkways.
- Please follow the social distancing markings that will be placed throughout our facilities. Always distance yourselves from others as much as possible.
- Gatherings should not exceed the stated maximum capacity for each area.
- Plan ahead for meal service by pre-booking our Superior Club, First Class, or Premium Coach classes.
- Stay home if you are ill or are exhibiting symptoms of flu or COVID-19. We will work with you on canceling and rescheduling your reservations without penalty if done in advance.
- All employees are screened daily and will wear face masks for the entire duration of their shift.
- Our employees are regularly sanitizing all facilities, especially high touch point areas and surfaces by disinfecting after each excursion.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be located at high-traffic areas for guest and employee use.
- Cashless transactions are strongly encouraged throughout the ticket window and gift shop to reduce as much physical exchange as possible.
- We continue to actively monitor the COVID-19 circumstances as it develops and will follow the guidelines laid out by CDC, TSA, Federal, State and Local officials.
Before entering the station on the day of your scheduled excursion, please self-screen all members of your party using the information below:
Are you currently experiencing the following:
- Temperature over 100 degrees
- New cough (within last 7 days)
- New loss of taste or smell
- Chills or repeated shaking
- Muscle pains (new or unexplained)
- Headache (new or persisting)
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Gastrointestinal (GI) distress (problems with digestive system)
- Have you had exposure to someone with COVID-19 or active symptoms within the last 2 weeks?
If anyone in your party answered yes to any of the following questions, we please ask you not to ride today and return to your vehicle. We will work with you to reschedule your trip when it is safe for you to ride.
Once all members of your party have self-screened, please send only 1 person to check in at our ticket window. Masks are required while visiting with us.
Disclaimer: The Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad is taking every effort to do our part in keeping our employees and passengers safe. Customers are responsible for abiding by all rules and guidelines implemented. While these measures reduce the risk, they do not guarantee the contraction of the virus. Guests who have underlying health conditions or are otherwise concerned about COVID-19 exposure acknowledge their option not to ride the Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad; ride at your own risk.
You can view all COVID-19 information from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention).
Ticket purchases remain NON-REFUNDABLE. If cancellations are made due to COVID-19, your in house credit expiration is valid for one year from the original excursion date (in house credits remain not valid on the North Pole Express excursions).