Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad located in Romney, WV is currently accepting applications for a versatile electrician to maintain, troubleshoot, and install various electrical systems. The primary environment consists of railroad passenger cars, station and office building and locomotives. Some days work may commence at different local locations.
The electrical systems include, but are not limited to 3 phase 480 volt power, 240 volt, 120 volt, lighting, DC systems, audio systems, and computer network. Exhaustive knowledge in all systems is not required; but the ability and desire to learn and research unknown technologies is paramount. Attention to detail and safety is required. Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability is required. Interaction with Potomac Eagle’s customers at times, requires a good attitude and demeanor.
Responsibilities, Requirements and Skills: (some, but not limited to those listed)
- Dedicated to getting the job done while meeting standards of quality, safety and customer satisfaction.
- Execute plans for installation and maintenance of electrical wiring for well functioning power, lighting, audio, network and other electrical systems.
- Prevent breakdown of systems by routinely inspecting and replacing old wiring and insulated cables, cleaning circuits etc.
- Perform effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute damaged units.
- Test and troubleshoot completed installation.
- Select appropriate wiring for specific installations.
- Install and maintain cabling, raceways, conduits, boxes, wiring, devices, apparatus, and trims.
- Knowledge of AC and DC and the National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Identify and interpret wiring and schematic diagrams.
- Amtrak HEP power systems.
- Railway locomotive systems.
- Willingness to train for Railway Conductor and locomotive engineer and fulfill needed vacancies on occasion.
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather and environmental conditions.
- High degree of manual dexterity with good hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Periodic bending, stooping, squatting, and kneeling.
- Maintain predictable and reliable attendance.
- Follow company safety procedures, use common sense, and maintain an overall level of safety awareness when operating in the work environment.
- Make effective decisions when in unfamiliar or emergency situations.
- Perform additional tasks as required by supervisor from time to time.
Other optional knowledge and experience:
- HVAC and Refrigeration
- Railway conductor or engineer.
- Heavy equipment mechanic – railway equipment
Potomac Eagle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to fill vacant positions with qualified candidates without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, or disability, assuming an individual can perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation. Only qualified candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Please monitor your email on a regular basis, as communication is primarily made through email.