Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad located in Romney, WV is currently accepting applications for a flexible and resourceful bookkeeper/administrative assistant. The position will work closely with accounting leadership to ensure the accuracy of the company’s books of record while maintaining the company’s financial health and compliance being the desired goal.
The individual must have an ‘eye’ for detail and the willingness to assist in the collection of the daily data and transactions. The successful applicant also must use professionalism to maintain discretion and privacy at all times when dealing with sensitive company details and customer information.
Skills and Qualifications: (some, but not limited to those listed)
- Perform administrative office tasks
- Ability to work independently
- Effective organizational skills
- The ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent data entry skills
- Focus more on collecting and recording of the day-to-day financial transactions
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks® accounting software
- A passable ability to work with excel spreadsheets
Duties and assignments:
- Checking accounts
- Reconciliation of Bank statements
- Accounts receivable
- Accounts payable
- Credit card reconciliation
- Payroll obligations
- General bookkeeping functions
Potomac Eagle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to fill vacant positions with qualified candidates without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, or disability, assuming an individual can perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation. Only qualified candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Please monitor your email on a regular basis, as communication is primarily made through email.